-   -   Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138732-cut-paste-multiple-cells-excel.html)

cyndi

Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this, is
this possible.
Thanks

Don Guillett

Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

Try this macro where col a is 1
Sub cutnoncontingent()
For i = 1 To 10 Step 2
Cells(i,1).Cut Cells(i,2i)
Next i
End Sub

"cyndi" wrote in message
Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and
so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with
multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this,
is
this possible.
Thanks

M.Rafat

Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

Hi
Would you please explain more in details and in step by step example ?
I have same question .
Thanks in advance.

"cyndi" wrote in message
Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and
so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with
multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this,
is
this possible.
Thanks

Don Guillett

Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

should not have been 2i

Sub cutnoncontingent()
For i = 1 To 10 Step 2
Cells(i,1).Cut Cells(i,2)
Next i

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"cyndi" wrote in message
Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and
so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with
multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this,
is
this possible.
Thanks

Don Guillett

Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

Make your own example from the info given and test.
The macro is doing what was requested by moving 10 cells one column to the
right

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"cyndi" wrote in message
Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10
and
so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with
multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around
this,
is
this possible.
Thanks

Bruce Sinclair

"cyndi" wrote in message
Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and
so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with
multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this,
is
this possible.

I think that you could do this with a 'helper' column ... say in column c.
1
2
1
2
... etc

Then turn on autofilter, select 2, copy and paste.

HTH

challa prabhu

Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

Hi,

Since, you have alternate rows of values in the same column, click column
"A" heading, and then press the Ctrl key and drag it to cloumn "B". It is
simple.

Challa Prabhu

"cyndi" wrote:

Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this, is
this possible.
Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

But won't that also copy A1, A3, A5, A7, A9, etc., which (by implication)
the OP did not want to copy across?
--
David Biddulph

"cyndi" wrote:

Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and
so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with
multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this,
is
this possible.
Thanks

challa prabhu

Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

Hi,

The earlier solution was incorrect. Thanks David Biddulph I apologize for
that post.

Answer. This solution works fine.

What you can do is Press the Ctrl key and select all the cells you want to
copy. Now copy and paste it in the word document. Copy those cells again
from the Microsoft Word document back to Excel to the right of the first cell
you selected in Excel befor copying to Word.

Challa Prabhu