-   -   Help with Formula (Excel 2003) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138626-help-formula-excel-2003-a.html)

Marilyn

Help with Formula (Excel 2003)

I'm trying to create a formula that SUMs a range of cells and then Subtracts
from a different range. I typed the following in Excel and I get a #value
error:
=SUM(P6:P106)-P83:P95
I thought for sure that was going to be easy, but it was not. What Am I
doing wrong?

Thanks,

Gary''s Student

Help with Formula (Excel 2003)

=SUM(P6:P106)-SUM(P83:P95)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200714

"Marilyn" wrote:

I'm trying to create a formula that SUMs a range of cells and then Subtracts
from a different range. I typed the following in Excel and I get a #value
error:
=SUM(P6:P106)-P83:P95
I thought for sure that was going to be easy, but it was not. What Am I
doing wrong?

Thanks,

Niek Otten

Help with Formula (Excel 2003)

Hi Marilyn,

=SUM(P6:P106)-SUM(P83:P95)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Marilyn" wrote in message ...
| I'm trying to create a formula that SUMs a range of cells and then Subtracts
| from a different range. I typed the following in Excel and I get a #value
| error:
| =SUM(P6:P106)-P83:P95
| I thought for sure that was going to be easy, but it was not. What Am I
| doing wrong?
|
| Thanks,

Marilyn

Help with Formula (Excel 2003)

That was PERFECT!!!

Thank you ALL

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=SUM(P6:P106)-SUM(P83:P95)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200714

"Marilyn" wrote:

I'm trying to create a formula that SUMs a range of cells and then Subtracts
from a different range. I typed the following in Excel and I get a #value
error:
=SUM(P6:P106)-P83:P95
I thought for sure that was going to be easy, but it was not. What Am I
doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dana DeLouis

Help with Formula (Excel 2003)

=SUM(P6:P106)-P83:P95
I thought for sure that was going to be easy, but it was not.

Hi. Just to add: With one Sum Formula, you need to enter the equation with
Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

=SUM(P6:P10, -P83:P95)

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"Marilyn" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a formula that SUMs a range of cells and then
Subtracts
from a different range. I typed the following in Excel and I get a #value
error:
=SUM(P6:P106)-P83:P95
I thought for sure that was going to be easy, but it was not. What Am I
doing wrong?

Thanks,

challa prabhu

Help with Formula (Excel 2003)

Hi,

If you take the sum value of the range of cells, then if you must enter the
following formula

for example, =SUM(G6:G10)-SUM(H6:H10)

Challa Prabhu