-   -   Insert Value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138519-insert-value.html)

Nic

Insert Value

I am not very good at this sorry :)

I have a list on sheet 2 the shows the area numbers (A2:A97), area leader
(B2:B97) and area manager (C2:C97).

On sheet 1, I have a list of activities outstanding for areas (numerous for
each area). The area number is listed automatically on this sheet. I need
to have the area leader and area managers name inserted onto this sheet. I
have no idea on how to look up the value from the other sheet.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Nic

Roger Govier

Insert Value

Hi

Try
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A1;$C1000,2,0)
to find the Area Leader
and
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A1;$C1000,3,0)
to find the Area manager

Change the range $A$1:$C$1000 to match the extent of your data on
Sheet2.

--
Regards

Roger Govier