-   -   a sum of #'s minus the lowest two values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138350-sum-s-minus-lowest-two-values.html)

Rynefan

a sum of #'s minus the lowest two values

sum(a3:j3)-min(a3:j3)

I know how to not factor in the least number from a string (as shown above)
but how do I change the formula to not consider the 2 least values?

I am using Excel 2000

Thanks

Bob Phillips

a sum of #'s minus the lowest two values

=SUM(A3:J3)-SMALL(A3:J3,1)-SMALL(A3:J3,2)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rynefan" wrote in message
sum(a3:j3)-min(a3:j3)

I know how to not factor in the least number from a string (as shown
above)
but how do I change the formula to not consider the 2 least values?

I am using Excel 2000

Thanks

Ron Coderre

a sum of #'s minus the lowest two values

Try something like this:

=SUM(A1:A10)-SUM(SMALL(A1:A10,{1,2}))

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Rynefan" wrote:

sum(a3:j3)-min(a3:j3)

I know how to not factor in the least number from a string (as shown above)
but how do I change the formula to not consider the 2 least values?

I am using Excel 2000

Thanks

Gord Dibben

a sum of #'s minus the lowest two values

I'm sure there are shorter methods but this one works.

=SUM(A3:J3)-SUM(SMALL(A3:J3,{1,2}))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 15:28:00 -0700, Rynefan
wrote:

sum(a3:j3)-min(a3:j3)

I know how to not factor in the least number from a string (as shown above)
but how do I change the formula to not consider the 2 least values?

I am using Excel 2000

Thanks

Ron Coderre

a sum of #'s minus the lowest two values

Interesting variation of the formula I posted:

=SUM(A1:A10,-SMALL(A1:A10,{1,2}))

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this:

=SUM(A1:A10)-SUM(SMALL(A1:A10,{1,2}))

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Rynefan" wrote:

sum(a3:j3)-min(a3:j3)

I know how to not factor in the least number from a string (as shown above)
but how do I change the formula to not consider the 2 least values?

I am using Excel 2000

Thanks

Rynefan

a sum of #'s minus the lowest two values

I tried them and they all work.

Thanks everyone. I love this site.