-   -   flexible paste rows function that inserts the right number of rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13797-flexible-paste-rows-function-inserts-right-number-rows.html)

marika1981

flexible paste rows function that inserts the right number of rows

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet such that each day - at the TOP of the
table/worksheet (about 5 columns wide and couple hundred rows deep) -
additional rows of data can be pasted in by non-Excel users.

The trick is that on some days it is five rows, on other days it's 25 rows.
Is there a special paste function, method of copying/pasting, or feasible
macro that will automatically insert the number of copied rows before pasting
so that no data below gets overwritten (and there are no blank rows in
between pastes)??

many thanks!!!

Marika :)

Dave Peterson

I think I'd just paste at the bottom of the range and sort it when I wanted.

--

Dave Peterson