-   -   Link with workbook in other folder which is in another group (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137785-link-workbook-other-folder-another-group.html)

Frank Situmorang

Link with workbook in other folder which is in another group

I want put the data from cell in other workbook of folder in other group say
Engineering, while our folder is in accounting group.

Is it possible?

Frank

Mike

Link with workbook in other folder which is in another group

As long as people opening the workbooks have the priveleges to access both
directories then this will work OK.

Mike

"Frank Situmorang" wrote:

I want put the data from cell in other workbook of folder in other group say
Engineering, while our folder is in accounting group.

Is it possible?

Frank

Gary''s Student

Link with workbook in other folder which is in another group

First open both workbooks in one instance of Excel. Copy the values from the
first worksbook and then either paste or paste/special/link into the second
workbook.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200713

"Frank Situmorang" wrote:

I want put the data from cell in other workbook of folder in other group say
Engineering, while our folder is in accounting group.

Is it possible?

Frank

Frank Situmorang

Link with workbook in other folder which is in another group

Thanks Gary, it gives me more insights, but could you exlain more, if I want
an automatic upddate. What I meant is that an amount in a cell depending on
the total amount in another worksheet which is in another folder of different
group,which workbook is done by Revenue section for example.

Thank you,

Frank
Jakarta, Indonesia