-   -   Shape coordinates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137652-shape-coordinates.html)

[email protected]

Shape coordinates

Hi,

In an excel spreadsheet, I have the coordinates of a small circle and
another shape which is a semi-circle and a rectange together. For this
shape (semi-circle and rectange), I have the X and Y coordinates and R
coordinate for the semi-circle. I also have the absolute radius of
this shape measured from (0,0). For the small circle, I am given X,Y,
and R coordinates.

The objective is to check whether the small circle is in the range of
this shape and assign a particular value: "IN", "OUT", or "MID". I
would appreciate if any one can help me build a logic on this. Thanks

Swamy