-   -   Can't Access Charts Linked to Files on Server (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137634-cant-access-charts-linked-files-server.html)

[email protected]

Can't Access Charts Linked to Files on Server

hello all

I have a couple files on my server that need administration access to
modify or get to. I created a file for all remote centers in the
organization that don't have the admin rights to the server. This
file contains combined charts from multiple files on the server for
reporting reasons. For some reason, when the remote center attempt to
access this file, it tells them that its unable to link the
information on the workbook to the charts on the server....Is there a
way around this? Can I set up another file on the server that doesn't
have admin rights and simply put a copy of these files into it and use
that one as the link?? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
again!

mark