-   -   Anoying Excel 2007 glitch (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137570-anoying-excel-2007-glitch.html)

teepee

Anoying Excel 2007 glitch

I tried to program a macro to open an online spreadsheet called
http://88.208.xxx.xxx/hello.csv via VBA

i.e I tried to use the proper IP address rather than the domain address
www.xxxx.com/hello.csv. This worked fine when I wasn't using VBA in 2007.
Worked fine in VBA in 2003.

Unlike 2003, 2007 VBA gave a 'could not open' error message before going on
to open the file . What's really annoying though is that now, even though I
deleted the VBA command and replaced the IP address with the domain name,
EVERY TIME I open 2007, it STILL gives me an error message telling me it
cannot open http://88.208.xxx.xxx/hello.csv

Anyone know how to get rid of it?