-   -   current directory (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137563-current-directory.html)

Ross[_2_]

current directory

I have prepared a spreadsheet that has a macro(recorded) in it that when
invoked, opens another excel file.
Here is that code:
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\Ross D\My
Documents\AURORA\jimspreada1.xls"

I plan to distribute these sheets to various other employees at my agency
for their use. Both files will always be in the same directory -- however,
a different directoy on each person's machine. How do I change the above
code to open that file in the current directoy, what ever that directory
might be?
Ross

Bob Phillips

current directory

Just do

Workbooks.Open Filename:= "jimspreada1.xls"

--
HTH

Bob