-   -   Two different Cell Widths in Same Sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137509-two-different-cell-widths-same-sheet.html)

David

Two different Cell Widths in Same Sheet

In the same sheet I need to keep Rows between A29 thru A42 the same Cell
width and have different Cell widths for Rows between A3 thru A27. Example:
A3 cell width is 11.43 and the requested Cell width for A30 is 8.57.

Thanks

David McRitchie

Two different Cell Widths in Same Sheet

Hi David,
In both Excel and in HTML you can only simulate that by having an extra
column and by merging cells. Excel is not MS Word.

Merge and Unmerge Cells
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/merge.htm

You should also be aware of problems that you will have in Excel
with merged cells in sorting, automatic adjustments, cell address,
and lastcell problems.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/merge.htm#problems
--
HTH,