-   -   HOW CAN I PREVENT EXCEL FILES FROM BEING DELETED OR PREVENT TRASH (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137470-how-can-i-prevent-excel-files-being-deleted-prevent-trash.html)

Rob

HOW CAN I PREVENT EXCEL FILES FROM BEING DELETED OR PREVENT TRASH

NEED TO PREVENT OTHERS FROM DELETING ECEL WORK BOOKS FROM TRASH BIN OR
PREVENT TRASH BIN DELETION

JLatham

HOW CAN I PREVENT EXCEL FILES FROM BEING DELETED OR PREVENT TRASH

Sounds like you need a thick ruler to apply across a few knuckles? Or a
good, strong backu strategy for critical files, and/or a good file recovery
tool - you might look at tools like the free
http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/ File Recover from PC Tools, or others
that Google will no doubt turn up.

This is not an Excel problem, or even a Windows problem, it's a user
education problem (back to the ruler/knuckles option).

"ROB" wrote:

NEED TO PREVENT OTHERS FROM DELETING ECEL WORK BOOKS FROM TRASH BIN OR
PREVENT TRASH BIN DELETION

Dave Peterson

HOW CAN I PREVENT EXCEL FILES FROM BEING DELETED OR PREVENT TRASH

I don't even think it's a user problem.

As a user, I should be able to empty my recycle bin whenever I want without
having to worry about deleting something that I shouldn't.

But I do agree with JL, it is a user education problem in the sense that users
should make backups.

I think your IT staff (if you have one) has a responsibility to make nightly
backups of files stored on network drives (and backups of files on the local
drives, too).

--

Dave Peterson