-   -   finding x intercepts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137425-finding-x-intercepts.html)

Aaron

finding x intercepts

I have a formula and have created a list of coordinates and have graphed them
with a line chart and now i need to find the x intercepts of the line.
Thankyou

Gary''s Student

finding x intercepts

If you already have the equation, you don't need the points. Just solve the
linear equation. You need algebra, not Excel.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200713

Bernard Liengme

finding x intercepts

But maybe teacher wants to show that the 'zero of a function' is the same as
its solution.
The OP did not tell us anything about the equation so we cannot offer much
advice.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
If you already have the equation, you don't need the points. Just solve
the
linear equation. You need algebra, not Excel.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200713

joel

finding x intercepts

the answer depends on the equation. To find x-intercepts you need to set Y =
0 and solve for X. This may be simple or complex. Post the equation if you
have problems. There are ways to estimate the X intercepts for complex
equations. You can always write a program. also post how accruate you need
your answer (number of decimal places).