-   -   How can I get linked data to update inserted rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137331-how-can-i-get-linked-data-update-inserted-rows.html)

Jean-Toledo

How can I get linked data to update inserted rows

I have two workbooks that are linked. If I add a row in my source workbook
and update the link in my destination workbook, the new row does not show up.
(I will need to be able to see new columns added to the source as well) Is
there a way to paste link and update these types of structure changes?

Gord Dibben

How can I get linked data to update inserted rows

Same answer as over in the programming group.

You will need VBA to automatically insert the rows/columns into the target
workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:40:02 -0700, Jean-Toledo
wrote:

I have two workbooks that are linked. If I add a row in my source workbook
and update the link in my destination workbook, the new row does not show up.
(I will need to be able to see new columns added to the source as well) Is
there a way to paste link and update these types of structure changes?

Jean-Toledo

How can I get linked data to update inserted rows

Thanks - I didn't know where to post this questions for sure.