-   -   Excel Navigation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13728-excel-navigation.html)

spartanmba

Excel Navigation

Hello all,

Like most of you, I use excel a LOT. Is there a way to highlight the row
and column as I am navigating from one cell to another?

Cheers,
John

Bob Phillips

John,

Here is one way

Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
With Target.EntireRow
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
With .FormatConditions(1)
With .Borders(xlTop)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
With .Borders(xlBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
End With
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 20
End With

Target.FormatConditions.Delete

With Target.EntireColumn
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
With .FormatConditions(1)
With .Borders(xlLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
With .Borders(xlRight)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
End With
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 20
End With

HTH

RP