-   -   Formula to calculate differences between dates?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137253-formula-calculate-differences-between-dates.html)

Lisa

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates?? For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.

Mike

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

Simply subtract one date from the other to get the difference in days.
e.g. =(A1-B1) where A1 and B1 are dates

Excel will want to change the format of the cell that does this to a date
but change it back to general to get the difference in days.

To average delivery times is simply =average(c1:c10)

Mike

"Lisa" wrote:

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates?? For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

MORE SPECIFICALLY....
All in one formula, I would like to calucate the average of the differences
between the dates between A & B (where B is a later date), for 200 rows.
Date cells are formatted as dates. I don't need a column that displays the
difference between each date, just the average at the end.

A B
1 02-Mar-07 04-Mar-07
2 04-Mar-07 09-Mar-07
3 08-Mar-07 13-Mar-07
4 27-Mar-07 29-Mar-07

"Lisa" wrote:

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates?? For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

Thanks Mike...Is it possible to do this for a range of cells at once?? I
don't want to display the difference between the dates separately, just the
average at the end?

"Lisa" wrote:

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates?? For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

Shipment date in A1
Received date in B1
Difference in days =B1-A1 (format as number or general)
--
David Biddulph

"Lisa" wrote in message
Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates??
For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the
date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

Format as a number

Ash

"Lisa" wrote in message

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates??
For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the
date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

David Biddulph[_2_]

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

As a matter of interest, Ash, why do you object to formatting it as general?
--
David Biddulph

oups.com...

"Lisa" wrote in message

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates??
For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the
date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to
automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

Teethless mama

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

=AVERAGE(B1:B3-A1:A3)

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"Lisa" wrote:

MORE SPECIFICALLY....
All in one formula, I would like to calucate the average of the differences
between the dates between A & B (where B is a later date), for 200 rows.
Date cells are formatted as dates. I don't need a column that displays the

"Lisa" wrote:

Is there a formula to calculate the days between two different dates?? For
example, I have a spreadsheet which contains the shipment date and the date
something was received - I would like to have a formula to automatically
calculate the difference between these two, but to also average the
difference.
Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Formula to calculate differences between dates??

Thank you Teethless! However, I don't think this is working for me. I will
give you exact specifics:
Column L = order date
Column M = shipped date (formatted as 23-Mar-07)
Cell ranges are from L8-L211 & M8-M211
I would like the formula to calculate the days between the 2 dates & average

"Lisa" wrote:

MORE SPECIFICALLY....
All in one formula, I would like to calucate the average of the differences
between the dates between A & B (where B is a later date), for 200 rows.
Date cells are formatted as dates. I don't need a column that displays the