-   -   Working Days excluding Sundays (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137233-working-days-excluding-sundays.html)

danh

Working Days excluding Sundays

I have to calculate the no of days between 2 dates and exclude only sundays
in my count of days. I have tried NETWORKDAYS but it seems to exclude
saturdays and sundays. I only need to exclude sundays. Can somebody help me?

Thanks
Danielle

Bob Phillips

Working Days excluding Sundays

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A2:A20)<1))

--
HTH

Bob

"danh" wrote in message
I have to calculate the no of days between 2 dates and exclude only sundays
in my count of days. I have tried NETWORKDAYS but it seems to exclude
saturdays and sundays. I only need to exclude sundays. Can somebody help
me?

Thanks
Danielle

Bob Phillips

Working Days excluding Sundays

If you want to plug the dates into cells and use those in the formula, use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(start_date&":"&end_date)))< 1))

--
HTH

Bob

"danh" wrote in message
I have to calculate the no of days between 2 dates and exclude only sundays
in my count of days. I have tried NETWORKDAYS but it seems to exclude
saturdays and sundays. I only need to exclude sundays. Can somebody help
me?

Thanks
Danielle

danh

Working Days excluding Sundays

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help. I tried it but I think I am not using it correctly.
If I have 2 dates for example the 3 April 07 and 30 March 07 and I have to
find out the no. of working days between these 2 dates excluding sundays. My
answer should be 4 which is 3 April - 30 March = 5 days - 1 sunday = 4
working days.

Can you explain to me how I should use SUMPRODUCT with my example.

Thanks,
Danielle

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A2:A20)<1))

--
HTH

Bob

"danh" wrote in message
I have to calculate the no of days between 2 dates and exclude only sundays
in my count of days. I have tried NETWORKDAYS but it seems to exclude
saturdays and sundays. I only need to exclude sundays. Can somebody help
me?

Thanks
Danielle

Bob Phillips

Working Days excluding Sundays

Did you see my second post?

Using this, either put 30 March 07 in one cell and 3 April 07 in another and
reference those like so

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)))<1))

or cut the dates into the forumla directly

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(--"2007-03-30"&":"&--"2007-04-03")))<1))

--
HTH

Bob

"danh" wrote in message
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help. I tried it but I think I am not using it correctly.
If I have 2 dates for example the 3 April 07 and 30 March 07 and I have
find out the no. of working days between these 2 dates excluding sundays.
My
answer should be 4 which is 3 April - 30 March = 5 days - 1 sunday = 4
working days.

Can you explain to me how I should use SUMPRODUCT with my example.

Thanks,
Danielle

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A2:A20)<1))

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"danh" wrote in message
I have to calculate the no of days between 2 dates and exclude only
sundays
in my count of days. I have tried NETWORKDAYS but it seems to exclude
saturdays and sundays. I only need to exclude sundays. Can somebody
help
me?

Thanks
Danielle

danh

Working Days excluding Sundays

Thank you so much for your help. I will try these.

"danh" wrote in message
I have to calculate the no of days between 2 dates and exclude only sundays
in my count of days. I have tried NETWORKDAYS but it seems to exclude
saturdays and sundays. I only need to exclude sundays. Can somebody help
me?

Thanks
Danielle

daddylonglegs

Working Days excluding Sundays

With start date in A1 and end date in B1 this formula will give you the
number of non-Sundays between those dates

=B1-A1-INT((1-WEEKDAY(B1)+B1-A1)/7)

format as general