-   -   can i record a macro from excel to invvoke another windows application (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137231-can-i-record-macro-excel-invvoke-another-windows-application.html)

anil

can i record a macro from excel to invvoke another windows application

Hi all,

Is it possible to write a macro from ecxel which can invoke another
windows application. if so please let me know......

Thanks and Regards
Anil.Hungund

Gary''s Student

can i record a macro from excel to invvoke another windows applica

Yes:

1. Shell command
2. Hyperlink
3. Object creation
4. etc.

--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200712

"anil" wrote:

Hi all,

Is it possible to write a macro from ecxel which can invoke another
windows application. if so please let me know......

Thanks and Regards
Anil.Hungund

Pete_UK

On Mar 30, 11:01 am, "anil" wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to write a macro from ecxel which can invoke another
windows application. if so please let me know......

Thanks and Regards
Anil.Hungund

This is taken from VBA Help for the Shell function:

Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\CALC.EXE", 1) ' Run Calculator

Put the full path to the .exe file within the quotes.

Hope this helps.

Pete