-   -   iteration (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/136873-iteration.html)

Gareth Milton

iteration

I have created a circular reference (deliberately), but each time I change
something, it recalculates, but all the numbers increase in value. Is there
any way I can set the iterations to go downwards to the lowest possible
positive answer?

Thank you.

JE McGimpsey

iteration

The number of iterations means the number of times the calculation will
be done in each calculation cycle. It has nothing to do with the
calculation itself.

The "lowest possible positive answer" is 10^-307. Is that what you're
looking for?

Sounds to me like you're really looking for a Goal Seek solution (see XL
Help, "Adjust the value of a cell to get a specific result for another
cell")