-   -   Cell Security not maintained (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13671-cell-security-not-maintained.html)

Greg

Cell Security not maintained

I have a worksheet where I block selection access to locked cells. This
works fine while users are working with the sheet. What I am finding is that
when the file is opened, selection access is now allowed although changing
the cell is still protected. As a test, I tried to access the locked cells
BEFORE I saved the workbook and I could not. I closed Excel or even if I
just close the workbook, upon opening the workbook again I was able to select
what should have been selection denied cells. Any ideas?

Jim Rech

In Excel 97 and 2000 a sheet's EnableSelection property is not maintained
after a save, close and open. In Excel 2002 and 2003 this was fixed. For
97 and 2000 you'd have to reset the EnableSelection property when the
workbook is opened with a macro.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP