-   -   restoring default fill colors, & saving with a custom color scheme (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/136615-restoring-default-fill-colors-saving-custom-color-scheme.html)

WiFiMike2006

restoring default fill colors, & saving with a custom color scheme

Hello,

First Question: Is there some way to restore the default Excel color
palette? I have changed some of the default fill colors in the palette in
Excel 2003. I tried clicking "reset" in tools options color, but it
doesn't work because [i think] it is just resetting them to the colors in the
default "book" and "sheet" .xls files that I have saved as my templates.

Second Question: Is there some way to save my color palette on a workbook so
that when I send it to another user they see everything colored the way it is
on my screen, instead of using their color scheme?

THANK YOU!!!

Mike

Dave Peterson

restoring default fill colors, & saving with a custom color scheme

The color schemes live in the workbook and they're not tied back to any other
workbook--not the book.xlt or sheet.xlt template files.

And those color schemes should travel with the workbook no matter who opens it.

Any chance that they've been screwing around with the windows colors (not
excel)?

--

Dave Peterson

WiFiMike2006

restoring default fill colors, & saving with a custom color sc

no. but i have changed some of the colors in my workbooks, and when i make a
new workbook, it still has the modified colors that say "color scheme" when i
hover over them in the palette. i just need to know how to revert back to the
default excel colors, please.

also, sometimes when i alt+tab from viewing one workbook to another, the
colors of the workbook i was viewing change when i alt+tab back to it. i
don't know why it happens, but that seems to go against "The color schemes
live in the workbook".

does anyone else know how to fix this and restore excel's default color
palette?

WiFiMike2006 wrote:

Hello,

First Question: Is there some way to restore the default Excel color
palette? I have changed some of the default fill colors in the palette in
Excel 2003. I tried clicking "reset" in tools options color, but it
doesn't work because [i think] it is just resetting them to the colors in the
default "book" and "sheet" .xls files that I have saved as my templates.

Second Question: Is there some way to save my color palette on a workbook so
that when I send it to another user they see everything colored the way it is
on my screen, instead of using their color scheme?

THANK YOU!!!

Mike

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

restoring default fill colors, & saving with a custom color sc

If you have a book.xlt template workbook in your XLStart folder, then maybe it
has the color pallette that you don't like.

Open that template up (as a template--not to create a new workbook) and reset
the pallette.

I don't have a guess why your colors change when you change windows. I've never
seen that before.