-   -   Unable to access unprotected columns on a protected sheet....somet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/136427-unable-access-unprotected-columns-protected-sheet-somet.html)

DBergesen

Unable to access unprotected columns on a protected sheet....somet

We have sent out worksheets to our users for them to edit. We defined a few
columns they were allowed to edit and protected the worksheet. Most users can
open the document and are only able to edit the allowed columns. Some users
can open the document but any cell they try to edit they are told it is
protected. What may be preventing those users from editing allowed columns? I
would think it should either work for everyone or work for no one.

DBergesen

Unable to access unprotected columns on a protected sheet....somet

It looks like the users that are having trouble are using Excel 2000 and the
user sending the files is using Excel 2003.