-   -   running macros, and not showing the steps (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/136130-running-macros-not-showing-steps.html)

bwilk77

running macros, and not showing the steps

I've created a tool that runs several macros to and takes runs for quite some
time. Instead of excel showing all the steps that are going on during each
macro, I would like for excel to stay on the home page (the page where the
macro button is clicked) of the tool and show a "working" status until it is
complete with all the macros.

Is this possible to do?
Thanks for any help.

Jim Thomlinson

running macros, and not showing the steps

Sub Macro1()
application.ScreenUpdating = False
'Your code here
application.Screenupdating = true
end sub

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"bwilk77" wrote:

I've created a tool that runs several macros to and takes runs for quite some
time. Instead of excel showing all the steps that are going on during each
macro, I would like for excel to stay on the home page (the page where the
macro button is clicked) of the tool and show a "working" status until it is
complete with all the macros.

Is this possible to do?
Thanks for any help.

bwilk77

running macros, and not showing the steps

Thanks, that works great to hide the steps. Is there a way I can show the
status while its running so the user wont think the program crashed? Maybe a
box that says "working" or something like that.