-   -   Excel formula to calculate % difference when actual 1, budget -48 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/136096-excel-formula-calculate-%25-difference-when-actual-1-budget-48-a.html)

yuppy flyer

Excel formula to calculate % difference when actual 1, budget -48

need help to work out above formula

Bernard Liengme

Excel formula to calculate % difference when actual 1, budget -48

If Actual is in A1, and budget in B1
The difference, how much actual exceeded budget, is (A1-B1)
Percentage is nothing more that a ratio, the difference compared to the
budget
is =(A1-B1)/B1
Generally these are small numbers and since most people are uncomfortable
with small numbers we used to multiply by 100 and call in percentage; in
worksheets we just format as percentage.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme