-   -   update links - problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13609-update-links-problem.html)

Micha³ S

update links - problem

Hi
I have big problem with update links in excel file
When I'm opening excel file I click button "don't update links" (I need
'old data') but I still get fields with "#ARG!" Why ? and how can I resolve
this problem.
Thanks for help

Dave Peterson

I bet #ARG! translates to #Ref! in English.

If I'm correct:

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

--

Dave Peterson