-   -   Group Dates from SQL Query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/136029-group-dates-sql-query.html)

wjvii

Group Dates from SQL Query

I have the results of a SQL datasource providing the data for a pivot table.
Several of the fields are dates however I cannot group them like they were
dates. How can I get the pivottable to understand which fields coming from my
SQL datasource should be treated as dates?

Nick Hodge

Group Dates from SQL Query

I always parse them in a sql query to dd/mm/yyyy (with the slashes) using
SUBSTRING or similar

--
HTH
Nick Hodge