-   -   Microsoft Office 07 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/135932-microsoft-office-07-a.html)

Gloria S

Microsoft Office 07

We have purchased several new computers which have Microsoft Office 07
installed - unfortunately when this version saves Xcel and Word documents,
they are not readable by anyone using an older version of these programs. Is
there a way to have the software automatically save files with an older
version extension?

Dave F

Microsoft Office 07

Save them as Word 03 and XL 03 formats. This is an option int he Save As
dialog box.

Note that any formatting specific to either Word 07 or XL 07 will be
stripped out of the file.

Dave

"Gloria S" wrote:

We have purchased several new computers which have Microsoft Office 07
installed - unfortunately when this version saves Xcel and Word documents,
they are not readable by anyone using an older version of these programs. Is
there a way to have the software automatically save files with an older
version extension?

Don Guillett

Microsoft Office 07

I don't have mine installed yet but have a look in
filesave as

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Gloria S" wrote in message
We have purchased several new computers which have Microsoft Office 07
installed - unfortunately when this version saves Xcel and Word documents,
they are not readable by anyone using an older version of these programs.
Is
there a way to have the software automatically save files with an older
version extension?

Jim Rech

Microsoft Office 07

To have Excel 2007 default to saving in the old format, have users go to the
Office Menu (the circle in the top left corner), Excel Options (in the lower
right corner), Save, Save Files In This Format. They should pick "Excel
97-2003 Workbook".

--
Jim