-   -   "ignoring" hidden cells in a copy/paste operation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/135890-ignoring-hidden-cells-copy-paste-operation.html)

gvm

"ignoring" hidden cells in a copy/paste operation

I seem to remember in past versions that I could specify that I wished only
to select values in visible cells for the purpose of copying/pasting
elsewhere. It doesn't seem to be an option anymore so how is it to be done
now? For example, values may be invisible because the column or row is
hidden, or because outlining is being used. How do I in that case, select
only the values that are visible please? TIA ... Greg

Dave Peterson

"ignoring" hidden cells in a copy/paste operation

What version of excel are you using?

In xl2003 and below, you can
select the range to copy
edit|goto special|visible cells only

Then do the copy|paste.

There are a couple of shortcuts to that edit|goto dialog.

You can use the F5 key or ctrl-g.

--

Dave Peterson

gvm

"ignoring" hidden cells in a copy/paste operation

Thanks again Dave, that solved my problem and btw, I'm using 2003
cheers
Greg