-   -   Formatted cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/135887-formatted-cells.html)

Nenagh

Formatted cells

I have a very large database, some of the records are in bold.
I would like, in a new column to mark the adjacent cell that is bold so i
can then sort the data

Cheers
--
Nenagh

Jim Rech

Formatted cells

There is no worksheet function you can use for this so you have to use a
macro. An example:

Sub MarkBoldInColToLeft()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Range("B1:B10") ''Adjust
If Cell.Font.Bold Then
Cell.Offset(0, -1).Value = "x"
End If
Next

Jim
"Nenagh" wrote in message
I have a very large database, some of the records are in bold.
I would like, in a new column to mark the adjacent cell that is bold so i
can then sort the data

Cheers
--
Nenagh