-   -   Seaching with no results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/135648-seaching-no-results.html)

Jean

Seaching with no results

I am searching a small folder with 64 files for those with a specific a text
value, and am unable to get search results using Windows 2000 and Excel 2003
files. Why?

--
Jean

Dave F

Seaching with no results

Not really an Excel question. Windows' search functionality is very limited.
I don't believe that it can search for text within documents, just file
names, etc. Either upgrade to Vista, get a Mac, or download Google desktop
and allow it to index your hard drive.

Dave

"Jean" wrote:

I am searching a small folder with 64 files for those with a specific a text
value, and am unable to get search results using Windows 2000 and Excel 2003
files. Why?

--
Jean

Jean

Seaching with no results

The Window search was working great as described before I had to upgrade to
Office 2003. Unfortunately, we now have many users with the work practice,
and they are struggling to find an answer.
--
Jean

"Jean" wrote:

I am searching a small folder with 64 files for those with a specific a text
value, and am unable to get search results using Windows 2000 and Excel 2003
files. Why?

--
Jean

Niek Otten

Seaching with no results

< I don't believe that it can search for text within documents

It can. Still I think it's good advice to try Google desktop, because it seems to be much faster (I still use Windows search, but
I'm known to be lazy...)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten