-   -   Formula display - no results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/135602-formula-display-no-results.html)

Wannano

Formula display - no results

I have a formula in a cell, but it did not calculate; however it displayed
the formula as though I had typed in text. Does anyone know what the problem
might be? My Excel is set up to calculatie automatically.

Thanks!
--
Texas Wannano

Dave Peterson

Formula display - no results

A couple of things to try.

Format the cell as General and reenter the formula.

Make sure you don't have any spaces in front of the leading equal sign.

Make sure you aren't looking at formulas:
tools|options|view tab|Uncheck formulas

Wannano wrote:

I have a formula in a cell, but it did not calculate; however it displayed
the formula as though I had typed in text. Does anyone know what the problem
might be? My Excel is set up to calculatie automatically.

Thanks!
--
Texas Wannano

--

Dave Peterson

Vergel Adriano

Formula display - no results

Two possible reasons:

1. The cell is formatted as Text (Format-Cells then check the format in
Number tab)
2. You have set the option to show formulas (Tools-Options then in the View
tab, make sure "Formulas" is not checked.)

--

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Wannano" wrote:

I have a formula in a cell, but it did not calculate; however it displayed
the formula as though I had typed in text. Does anyone know what the problem
might be? My Excel is set up to calculatie automatically.

Thanks!
--
Texas Wannano

Wannano