-   -   Match 2 Columns and Popluate Another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/135563-match-2-columns-popluate-another.html)

Shazam

Match 2 Columns and Popluate Another

I am in desperate help.

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs. Both tabs have item ID's in the first
column. The second columns contain different data. I need to match the
items in the first column on the first tab to the first column on the second
tab, and if they match retrieve the information from the second tab, second
column to be placed on the first tab, third column.

Thank you.

Max

Match 2 Columns and Popluate Another

One way

Assume data starts in row2 down

In Sheet1,

Put in C2:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"",INDEX(Sheet2!B :B,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)))
Copy down as far as required
--
Max
Singapore
"Shazam" wrote:
I am in desperate help.

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs. Both tabs have item ID's in the first
column. The second columns contain different data. I need to match the
items in the first column on the first tab to the first column on the second
tab, and if they match retrieve the information from the second tab, second
column to be placed on the first tab, third column.

Thank you.

Don Guillett

Match 2 Columns and Popluate Another

Perhaps a trip to the help index for VLOOKUP would be useful.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Shazam" wrote in message
I am in desperate help.

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs. Both tabs have item ID's in the first
column. The second columns contain different data. I need to match the
items in the first column on the first tab to the first column on the
second
tab, and if they match retrieve the information from the second tab,
second
column to be placed on the first tab, third column.

Thank you.

Shazam

Match 2 Columns and Popluate Another

You are wonderful!! It worked perfectly. Thank you so very much!

Shazam

"Shazam" wrote:
I am in desperate help.

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs. Both tabs have item ID's in the first
column. The second columns contain different data. I need to match the
items in the first column on the first tab to the first column on the second
tab, and if they match retrieve the information from the second tab, second
column to be placed on the first tab, third column.

Thank you.

Max

Match 2 Columns and Popluate Another

Welcome, Shazam.