-   -   How to move charts in Excel 2007 by keyboard (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/135432-how-move-charts-excel-2007-keyboard.html)

Gerhard Miller

How to move charts in Excel 2007 by keyboard

In Excel 2003 I used to

1. Select a chart by shift-clicking on it (i.e. selecting without entering
editing mode)
2. Move the chart around by holding control and pressing cursor keys

This was especially useful when I needed to exactly position a chart.

In Excel 2007 I have been unable to achieve the same effect -- any
suggestions?

-Gerhard

Jon Peltier

How to move charts in Excel 2007 by keyboard

Hold Ctrl while clicking on the chart, then hold Ctrl while pressing the
arrow keys to nudge the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Gerhard Miller" <Gerhard wrote in message
In Excel 2003 I used to

1. Select a chart by shift-clicking on it (i.e. selecting without entering
editing mode)
2. Move the chart around by holding control and pressing cursor keys

This was especially useful when I needed to exactly position a chart.

In Excel 2007 I have been unable to achieve the same effect -- any
suggestions?

-Gerhard

Jon Peltier

How to move charts in Excel 2007 by keyboard

Actually, you don't need to hold Ctrl while clicking on the arrow keys.
Ctrl-Clicking on the chart is enough to select it with small circular
handles on the corners like a shape rather than the thick border all around.

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Hold Ctrl while clicking on the chart, then hold Ctrl while pressing the
arrow keys to nudge the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Gerhard Miller" <Gerhard wrote in
message ...
In Excel 2003 I used to

1. Select a chart by shift-clicking on it (i.e. selecting without
entering
editing mode)
2. Move the chart around by holding control and pressing cursor keys

This was especially useful when I needed to exactly position a chart.

In Excel 2007 I have been unable to achieve the same effect -- any
suggestions?

-Gerhard

Gerhard Miller[_2_]

How to move charts in Excel 2007 by keyboard

thanks, Jon, appreciated. Indeed this works. I had tried this previously but
couldn't figure it out (now I know why -- you first have to click outside the
chart that you're editing for this to work).

-Gerhard

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

This was necessary in previous Excel charts as well.

- Jon
-------