-   -   How do I insert a symbol in an Excel footer? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13539-how-do-i-insert-symbol-excel-footer.html)

chetj

How do I insert a symbol in an Excel footer?

I can't seem to open the symbol window for use in a footer.

CLR

Click on the "A" button in the Custom Footer pop-up and choose a Wingding
font............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"chetj" wrote in message
I can't seem to open the symbol window for use in a footer.

Jo Betty Smith

I would just insert the symbol in Excel and then copy and paste (use CTRL +
V) into the footer.

If it's not a symbol from normal text, e.g. it's wingdings etc. then you'll
need to change the font to wingdings once you've pasted the symbol into the
footer.

"chetj" wrote:

I can't seem to open the symbol window for use in a footer.

Gord Dibben

It would be helpful before doing this to know what to type in the chosen font
to get the desired symbol.

Try it first on your sheet so's you know which.

InsertSymbol and figure out which symbol you want and in which Font Type.

Note: wingdings fonts don't show up in Insert Symbol. You could use
charmap.exe to see all fonts with code numbers.

Note the ascii decimal number or just insert the symbol into a cell.

Copy the symbol from the formula bar using CTRL + C

CTRL + V to insert into the footer.

Or just type ALT + ascii number to insert the symbol in the footer.

e.g. ALT + 0040 in wingdings inserts a telephone symbol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP