-   -   How can I type (R) & not get the registered symbol (r in a circle) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13538-how-can-i-type-r-not-get-registered-symbol-r-circle.html)

Yeller

How can I type (R) & not get the registered symbol (r in a circle)

edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I typed
(R) that's what I got. Now, in Excel 2003, when I type (R) it automatically
gets converted to the register symbol (the letter r in a cicrle). I have a
spreadsheet on movies I've taped and always list the film's rating, i.e.,
(G), (PG), (PG13), (R), etc.

garfield-n-odie

In Excel, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoCorrect tab, and
delete the AutoCorrect entry for (r).

Yeller wrote:

edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I typed
(R) that's what I got. Now, in Excel 2003, when I type (R) it automatically
gets converted to the register symbol (the letter r in a cicrle). I have a
spreadsheet on movies I've taped and always list the film's rating, i.e.,
(G), (PG), (PG13), (R), etc.

Bob Phillips

Go to menu ToolsAutocorrect. You should see an entry for (r) in there,
juste delete it.

--

HTH

RP

"Yeller" wrote in message
edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I

typed
(R) that's what I got. Now, in Excel 2003, when I type (R) it

automatically
gets converted to the register symbol (the letter r in a cicrle). I have a
spreadsheet on movies I've taped and always list the film's rating, i.e.,
(G), (PG), (PG13), (R), etc.

rk

Go to Tool, Auto Correct Options and delet (r) from the list.

"Yeller" wrote:

edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I typed
(R) that's what I got. Now, in Excel 2003, when I type (R) it automatically
gets converted to the register symbol (the letter r in a cicrle). I have a
spreadsheet on movies I've taped and always list the film's rating, i.e.,
(G), (PG), (PG13), (R), etc.

vishu

You can also try: "R)" and then "("

"Yeller" wrote in message
edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I

typed
(R) that's what I got. Now, in Excel 2003, when I type (R) it

automatically
gets converted to the register symbol (the letter r in a cicrle). I have a
spreadsheet on movies I've taped and always list the film's rating, i.e.,
(G), (PG), (PG13), (R), etc.

CyberTaz

Accurate information from all, but deleting AutoCorrect items can limit you
if you ever want to use the items you delete from AutoCorrect.

You can also simply UnDo (Ctrl+z) once the replacement is triggered to
revert to the data as typed. That technique allows the AutoCorrect item to be
available when needed.

Hope this is useful |:)

"Yeller" wrote:

edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I typed
(R) that's what I got. Now, in Excel 2003, when I type (R) it automatically
gets converted to the register symbol (the letter r in a cicrle). I have a
spreadsheet on movies I've taped and always list the film's rating, i.e.,
(G), (PG), (PG13), (R), etc.

Debra Dalgleish

Or, instead of deleting the AutoCorrect entry for (r), you could change
it to (r)).

"Yeller" wrote:

edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I typed
(R) that's what I got. Now, in Excel 2003, when I type (R) it automatically
gets converted to the register symbol (the letter r in a cicrle). I have a
spreadsheet on movies I've taped and always list the film's rating, i.e.,
(G), (PG), (PG13), (R), etc.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List