-   -   Conflict with valid range reference error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/134884-conflict-valid-range-reference-error.html)

smaruzzi

Conflict with valid range reference error

When saving some XLS sheets, I get an error claiming "The name a1 either
conflicts witha avalid range reference or is invalid for Excel".
I tried to delete all defined names, but the error message still persists.
Is there a way to get rid of it, and - most of all - what is causing it?

Thanks, Stefano

Dave Peterson

Conflict with valid range reference error

a1 looks like a range address, so it causes errors.

Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It may make it easier to find the error.

--

Dave Peterson