-   -   How do I change "Windows User" in Comments box to my own name? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/134459-how-do-i-change-windows-user-comments-box-my-own-name.html)

KBM Consultants

How do I change "Windows User" in Comments box to my own name?

When I insert a Comment, instead of my name as the precursor, I get "Windows
User". How do I change this (as opposed to just editing it every time)?

Vergel Adriano

How do I change "Windows User" in Comments box to my own name?

Tools-Options, in the General tab look for "User name"

"KBM Consultants" wrote:

When I insert a Comment, instead of my name as the precursor, I get "Windows
User". How do I change this (as opposed to just editing it every time)?

KBM Consultants[_2_]

How do I change "Windows User" in Comments box to my own name?

I should have made it clear it is Excel 2007 - but it prompted me to find the
answer.

Office button - Prepare - Properties - "User Name".

Thanks