-   -   How do I copy Summary totals only from a subtotal list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13399-how-do-i-copy-summary-totals-only-subtotal-list.html)

Dominic

How do I copy Summary totals only from a subtotal list?

I remember reading there is a way of copying only the summary totals from a
Subtotalled list that has only the summary totals (subtotals) showing. I
cannot remember the method / keystrokes however.

Using CTRL+C or EditCopy copies the underlying data also- and I have pages
of that I want to leave behind.

Does anyone know how I do this please? Thanks in anticipation,
Dominic

tina

Hi
Try edit goto special visible cells only

"Dominic" wrote:

I remember reading there is a way of copying only the summary totals from a
Subtotalled list that has only the summary totals (subtotals) showing. I
cannot remember the method / keystrokes however.

Using CTRL+C or EditCopy copies the underlying data also- and I have pages
of that I want to leave behind.

Does anyone know how I do this please? Thanks in anticipation,
Dominic

CyberTaz

Hi Dominic-

Try it this way,

Ctrl+Click the cells containing the Subtotals, then Copy & Paste. Make sure
to Ctrl+Click each cell, don't drag because you'll get an error when you try
to Copy.

Hope this is useful |:)

"Dominic" wrote:

I remember reading there is a way of copying only the summary totals from a
Subtotalled list that has only the summary totals (subtotals) showing. I
cannot remember the method / keystrokes however.

Using CTRL+C or EditCopy copies the underlying data also- and I have pages
of that I want to leave behind.

Does anyone know how I do this please? Thanks in anticipation,
Dominic

Dominic

Thank you To Tina & CyberTaz for the responses. Tina's worked perfectly,
thank you very much for your help.

Dominic.