-   -   alphabetize in a block, not just one line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/133662-alphabetize-block-not-just-one-line.html)

hilin

alphabetize in a block, not just one line

I want to alphabetize everything associated with "Cereal", "hamburger",
"tuna", not just the line cereal, etc. sit on. I want to put "Cereal", then
everything associated with "Cereal", prices, stores, etc. then put it in
alphabetical order, instead of making room and placing "cereal" in manually.

Dave Peterson

alphabetize in a block, not just one line

You may find that putting the key value in a cell on each row in the group--even
if you have to add them manually--will make everything else work better.

You'll be able to do sorts, subtotals, pivottables, .... much easier.

--

Dave Peterson