-   -   Tab Key is opening a recent document? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/133612-tab-key-opening-recent-document.html)

Mari

Tab Key is opening a recent document?

I am using Excel 2003 and when I try to navigate within my worksheets using
the Tab Key to get to my next cell, it tries to open a recent document
instead.

Can anyone tell me how to turn off that function or why it's doing that?

Thanks in Advance!

Mari

Dave Peterson

Tab Key is opening a recent document?

Just a guess...

If you hit ctrl-tab, you can cycle through all the excel windows (listed under
Windows on the main menu).

And hitting alt-tab, you can cycle through all the open applications.

Maybe your ctrl key is stuck. I'd try some gentle banging on those control keys
to see if it helped--or even swap out keyboards???

--

Dave Peterson