-   -   can't transfer data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/133555-cant-transfer-data.html)

MIguel

can't transfer data

I have a database that is 80000 observations. I want to transfer this data
set to excel, but I can't do it since excel only allows 65000. Is there a way
to do it?

Thanks
Miguel

David Biddulph[_2_]

can't transfer data

2007 (but read this group and others for problems with 2007).
--
David Biddulph

"Miguel" wrote in message
I have a database that is 80000 observations. I want to transfer this data
set to excel, but I can't do it since excel only allows 65000. Is there a
way
to do it?

Thanks
Miguel

Gord Dibben

can't transfer data

You could use a macro to split the data over two worksheets.

Or just break the DB into a couple of manageable chunks and transfer in two
steps.

Either method does not keep the 80000 observations together however.

How about using Access to store the DB and Excel to pull over data based on
queries?

Buy Office 2007 in which Excel has one million+ rows per sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP