-   -   Test to see if a workbook is open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/133314-test-see-if-workbook-open.html)

Brettjg

Test to see if a workbook is open

I can't find anything in Help on this. When I open workbook "A" I want to
know if workbook "B" is already open because I'll do something in "A" as it
opens if that is the case.

The other thing I'd really like to know is if you can print from a workbook
that is not open.

Can anyone help please?

Toppers

Test to see if a workbook is open

Reply (from a previouspostin) courtesy of Ron De Bruin:

You can use the workbook open event to run the code

Then you can open the workbook like this

If bIsBookOpen("test.xls") Then
Set destWB = Workbooks("test.xls")
Else
Set destWB = Workbooks.Open("c:\test.xls")
End If

Copy this function in a normal module

Function bIsBookOpen(ByRef szBookName As String) As Boolean
' Rob Bovey
On Error Resume Next
bIsBookOpen = Not (Application.Workbooks(szBookName) Is Nothing)
End Function

Re printing - I don't believe you can.