-   -   Is there an Excel 2003 equivalent to Word's "versions" function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/133241-there-excel-2003-equivalent-words-versions-function.html)

Steve

Is there an Excel 2003 equivalent to Word's "versions" function?

In the file menu of Microsoft Word is the very handy versions function, which
you can set to automatically save a version on closing. THe versions don't
seem to take up any more disk space than when it is turned off. I like it
better than 'track changes' because you don't have to forever be updating the
tracked changes - just use it when ever your missing data that you know you
had a few versions back.
Anyways, if I try to use track changes in Excel, it forces me to 'share' the
workbook which then means I am unable to use macros and hyperlinks. Any
suggestions as to my next best option, gratefully received!