-   -   rename all cell names but keep the formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/133193-rename-all-cell-names-but-keep-formula.html)

steve alcock

rename all cell names but keep the formula

I want to change sales!XXX to salesledgers!XXX in an entire worksheet if i
use the edit and replace i.e. " find " = sales"! " replace " = salesledgers!
it does it BUT the cell referance is lost, I just want to alter the names NOT
the cell refference, is I an sure there is a way but it eludes me, anyone
help please.

thanks in anticipation steve

Bob Phillips

rename all cell names but keep the formula

Why not just rename the worksheet, that does it automatically.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"steve alcock" wrote in message
I want to change sales!XXX to salesledgers!XXX in an entire worksheet if i
use the edit and replace i.e. " find " = sales"! " replace " =
salesledgers!
it does it BUT the cell referance is lost, I just want to alter the names
NOT
the cell refference, is I an sure there is a way but it eludes me, anyone
help please.

thanks in anticipation steve

steve alcock

rename all cell names but keep the formula

thanks bob,

I have a workseet named saleslcontrol and most of the cells refer to
salesledgers, I want to change them to sales, renaming is not an option,
sorry if I was not clear in my first asking

many thanks

steve

bob Phillips" wrote:

Why not just rename the worksheet, that does it automatically.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"steve alcock" wrote in message
I want to change sales!XXX to salesledgers!XXX in an entire worksheet if i
use the edit and replace i.e. " find " = sales"! " replace " =
salesledgers!
it does it BUT the cell referance is lost, I just want to alter the names
NOT
the cell refference, is I an sure there is a way but it eludes me, anyone
help please.

thanks in anticipation steve

Bob Phillips

rename all cell names but keep the formula

Can't you change the worksheet name to salesledgers, then change it to sales
afterwards?

--
---

bob Phillips" wrote:

Why not just rename the worksheet, that does it automatically.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"steve alcock" wrote in message
I want to change sales!XXX to salesledgers!XXX in an entire worksheet if
use the edit and replace i.e. " find " = sales"! " replace " =
salesledgers!
it does it BUT the cell referance is lost, I just want to alter the
names
NOT
the cell refference, is I an sure there is a way but it eludes me,
anyone
help please.

thanks in anticipation steve

Dave Peterson

rename all cell names but keep the formula

I don't understand what "the cell reference is lost" means.

Maybe you could share your
original formula
the actual edit|replace parms
the formula after the edit|replace