-   -   Spell checker (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/133064-spell-checker.html)

da computer dude

Spell checker

I'm getting an error when trying to use spell checker. It says "cannot
initialize spelling checker". Anybody have any ideas why this is happening.

E-Coder

Spell checker

What version of Excel? And do you have Proofing Tools installed?

"da computer dude" wrote:

I'm getting an error when trying to use spell checker. It says "cannot
initialize spelling checker". Anybody have any ideas why this is happening.

da computer dude[_2_]

Spell checker

version is Excel 2000......how do i know if the proofing tools are installed?

"da computer dude" wrote:

I'm getting an error when trying to use spell checker. It says "cannot
initialize spelling checker". Anybody have any ideas why this is happening.

E-Coder

Spell checker

Goto you control panel and open the add/remove applet. Click on the Office
2000 installation and choose change/modify. Since I don't have Office 2000
installed, I can't recall the exact verbiage but look for options to
add/remove or modify your installation. In the installation tree, your
proofing tools will likely be under the Tools branch. Under proofing tools,
you should see the option to install the spell checker.

If this doesn't work or you can't find it, let me know.