-   -   Multiple References (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13305-multiple-references.html)

pjonathan

Multiple References

In Column A is list of Names, and Column B is a different set of names,
however several of those names occur multiple times. There are several
other columns that have other information. I would like, in a seperate
area, to input which Column B name to search for, then all the records
involving that person will appear. For example:

Bill Todd Grade4 Red
Jeff Cory Grade9 Yellow
Eric Sean Grade2 Blue
Dave Todd Grade1 Green
Rita Todd Grade7 Yellow

Sean:
Eric Blue Grade2

Todd:
Bill Red Grade4
Dave Green Grade9
Rita Yellow Grade7

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

--
pjonathan
pjonathan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19495

IanRoy

Hi, pjonathan;
You could filter column B for a particular name, or, you could select a cell
in column B and sort the whole list, so:
Jeff Cory Grade9 Yellow
Eric Sean Grade2 Blue
Bill Todd Grade4 Red
Dave Todd Grade1 Green