-   -   viewing shaded cells or text in spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132919-viewing-shaded-cells-text-spreadsheet.html)

What Went Wrong 27555

viewing shaded cells or text in spreadsheet

I use to be able to see the color text or cell shading as it was applied but
for some reason I am now not able to. I'm not sure if the problem was caused
by my incorrectly responding to pop up options offered during a recent up
date to windows and MS Office 2003 or if I somehow clicked on a feature
within excel which I don't know how to undo. When I attempt to edit the
contents within a cell it turns to the color I previously applied, but, when
I go on to a different cell the text or cell shading goes back to black and
white.

Gord Dibben

viewing shaded cells or text in spreadsheet

Maybe this will help.

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP