-   -   auto highlighting of cells when clicked on (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132828-auto-highlighting-cells-when-clicked.html)

beyondthevail

auto highlighting of cells when clicked on

i've managed to turn on something that not only highlights an area but
creates a box around it also when i click on any cell in my worksheet.
please help someone how do i turn this off and how did i turn it on so i
won't do it again.

thank you

Gary''s Student

auto highlighting of cells when clicked on

sounds like EXT mode (should say EXT at the bottom of the window)

touch F8 to fix
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200708