-   -   ü instead of a check mark when I try to copy it from Character Map (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132713-%C3%BC-instead-check-mark-when-i-try-copy-character-map.html)

Jim 90068

ü instead of a check mark when I try to copy it from Character Map

Why do I get an ü instead of a check mark when I try to copy the symbol from
the Character Map?

DaveO[_2_]

ü instead of a check mark when I try to copy it from Character Map

It's probably a mis-match between the font selected on Character Map
and the font in use on your spreadsheet.

Gord Dibben

ü instead of a check mark when I try to copy it from Character Map

Jim

You must have your target cell formatted to WingDings font before the checkmark
will show up.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:24:28 -0800, Jim 90068
wrote:

Why do I get an ü instead of a check mark when I try to copy the symbol from
the Character Map?

Dave Peterson

ü instead of a check mark when Itry to copy itfrom Character Map

Change the font to wingdings in excel.

--

Dave Peterson