-   -   Display actual contents of cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1326-display-actual-contents-cell.html)

xmasbob

Display actual contents of cell

In excel I have some very large text entries. When I position on the cell the
entire contents of the cell is displayed but the cell itself truncates the
text when not positioned on the cell. I have tried sizing the cell to
accommodate the text but even thought the cell is bigger and obviously has
white space the text is still truncated. I have a word document that
references via link some of these cells and the text in the word document is
truncatedas well. How can I fix this? Help!

Frank Kabel

Hi
Excel has a limit of displaying 1024 characters per cell., To extend
this limit enter some manual linebreaks with ALT+ENTER

--
Regards
Frank Kabel